Approaching Job By Andrew Zack Lewis

The book offers much more detail than I needed on the background, languages, etc. However, it is an excellent work for exploring the lessons or us through the suffering of Job. A strong recommendation on this book.

Job is proof-texted a lot and otherwise didn't seem to make much difference in my Christian walk, so I needed to see how Walton dissects the content of Job and applies it to today. He asks good questions, does a great review of the original setting, challenged me in my own faith and what I expect from the Lord, and basically helped me find good ground upon which to continue being faithful within my broken world

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fundamental Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic

NKJV Evangelical Study Bible

Gospel of Mark Carter