In Ed Hindson's book Courageous Faith, he made an interesting statement when he said, "What you leave behind will tell people what you were all about." (p. 203) That made me think a lot about what people think of me. I know that my family loves me and will do whatever for me, just as we did for grandma. However, I am showing them the right path. Am I that spiritual leader that I need to be? The most important thing that I can teach all people around me is trust and love God with their hearts, minds, and souls. This is something that I need to concentrate on with my family. A godly life steps beyond worry and into the trust of God. Each time a situation causes us to fret, we should stop and remember who is in charge. If God's sovereignty rules over all the Earth, we have no reason to worry. The evidence of our faith is the absence of worry. Jesus is the mystery of Godliness. Beyond all questions, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory. (1 Timothy 3:16) A God-centered life is not a set of disciplines or a system. It is a person. The mystery of a godly life lies in the person of our Lord Jesus Christ, who appeared in a body and was vindicated by the Spirit. Jesus Christ is the object of our faith, and Jesus Christ is the source of our life. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fundamental Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic

NKJV Evangelical Study Bible

Gospel of Mark Carter