I recently finished the book The Reason for God by Timothy Keller. Overall, I really enjoyed it as a piece of literature. It was engaging, thought-provoking, and convicting. To fully digest everything he said and have it ready for recall, I will need to reread it. Keller does a fantastic job expounding on his point of view.

In this book, Keller addresses each doubt and explains each reason. Keller uses literature, philosophy, real-life conversations, and reasoning to explain how faith in a Christian God is a soundly rational belief, held by thoughtful people of intellectual integrity with a fully personified and deep compassion for those who truly want to know the truth.” (Publisher’s Description)

Anyway, I really enjoyed this book. Though I have a couple of issues with one particular chapter, I do recommend it. Though it tackles some deep issues, The Reason for God is a fairly light read for a book that deals strongly with theology and philosophy. I would say it is accessible from the high school age up while still engaging for adults. It would be something I would give my younger brother, who is now 15. This book needs a little ripening for new believers. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fundamental Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic

NKJV Evangelical Study Bible

Coloe Gospel of John