Trinity Without Hierarchy by  Michael Bird and Scott Harrower

The editors of this work have assembled a team of scholarly and deeply profound scholars to undo the damage done by Grudem and the reprehensible subordinationists. This book is exegetically sound, theologically, rich, and pastorally sensitive. This book is a welcome and decisive addition to one's theological and biblical library.

I did not know that there was controversy over this particular topic and I don't believe I've ever really considered it before. I unconsciously have always assumed that God the Son does the will of God the Father, and that that is something that has always been the case, as that is what a basic reading of the Scriptures teaching on the Godhead seems to indicate.

I was impressed with the consistent careful scholarship, the fine-grained discussion pressing against the limits of human grasp of the nature of the Triune and wonderful God. Almost every chapter concluded with two to three pages of bibliography, evidence of a resurgence of trinitarian theology. The discussion also both gave me a deep appreciation of the importance of the Nicean-Constantinopolitan formulations regarding the Trinity and yet raised the question of whether this must, or will always be the church’s reference point. This book is far more engaging and practical than I expected.

I got a free copy of the book from Kregel. Thanks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fundamental Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic

NKJV Evangelical Study Bible

Gospel of Mark Carter